Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Template #169

**warning--grab a coffee it's a long one...

Hi All!
How's it going? Been a good week so far? I hope so! Been OK around here but I have to say I am a bit disappointed.

Disappointed you ask? Well Yeah! This is the last week for both the Fan Kit Challenge and the Adore Challenge. I have only received 1 layout for each challenge! Come on people! If your not willing to share, why should I share! It does go both ways! Some of you even leave comments saying you will send one in and then I sit and wait and rarely if ever receive them! Some days I just want to throw in the towel and give up! I even make extra freebies for those who are willing to share.

Although I must admit that this blog has given me one very awesome gift! That gift is my dear friend Michele. With out this blog and her willingness to share I never would have meet her! She has kept me from going insane many times! Thank you for being the awesome friend that you are Michele! Click here to go to Michele's Blog A Small Scrap Of Our Life.

Some of you may have noticed the little CT tag on the right of the blog. Michele has graciously excepted the first CT position. Depending on how this last week of February goes with you guys submitting layouts will determine if there is a true CT announcement this weekend. Whether you guys share or not there is big changes happening here on the blog. Which way it goes all depends on you.

When you guys submit your layouts it's like receiving a long awaited gift to me. It is the final step in all the work that I put in on all these freebies. I could go sell them in a shop some where and maybe someday I'll be invited to, but I like to give things out for free. We all don't live high on the hog and some of us have very tight budgets these days. I know I can't afford to go digi shopping. I would love to be able to! There is so many wonderful things out there!

I'm sorry about being a nag and a downer but sometimes you just have to get it out or it will just fester away at you.

Now on to those happy freebies!

Quick reminders:
The Fan Kits will be retiring on March 15th get them while you still can!
Adore Challenge ends Saturday at Midnight.
Fan Challenge ends Saturday at midnight.

For those of you still working on your Valentine scrap booking I just wanted to point out another older set of heart themed Templates. This is just one of the grab bags I did for last years NSD.

Click the preview to be taken to the download

tonight's freebie
Template #169

click the preview to download

no hot linking please

I do have one question for the LANDSCAPE scrappers...

the 8.5 x 11's, How many of you re size these to 8x10 for printing? I have read a few comments saying you do this and was wondering just how many do this? I have not printed any yet so I am clueless. Is this the "norm"? If so should I just make them 8x10? or leave them as is? I don't know so you tell me!

Everyones comments, suggestions, and requests are always welcome. You can leave a comment here on the blog or if you prefer you can always email me (found in the about me). Just put "Blog" some where in the subject line so the spam filters let it come through!

Until next time...

8 comments:

Michele said...

Thank you for both the template, and for being such a great friend!
Hugs,
Michele

Denise said...

Thanks for the freebies. I wish I had time for the challenges-would help get some of my photos scrapped.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the template.

Anonymous said...

I love the landscape templates being letter sized. That fits into the landscape style scrapbooks and it also works for making the print it yourself calendars. I would never print 8x10.

Sharon Kay said...

So far the only time I use landscape templates is for my calendars that I hang on the wall....so I do print 8.5x11". I might be switching to some portrait books at some point and I would print them edge to edge 8.5x11" as well. I usually use your 12x12 templates though.

I'm sorry you have had such low response to your challenge! I've been in such a rush in scrapping robotics pictures since SEPTEMBER that the only thing else I have gotten done is my wall calendar... which I finally finished a month late! Usually by this time each year I have scrapped 200 layouts... this year I haven't even hit 100! We've been so busy with Robotics team involvement it just hasn't happened. I DO LOVE your templates! Thank you!

A Jones said...

I like the 8.5 x 11 size landscape. This is a good size for calendars and the books you can have made on snapfish, york, walmart, or shutterfly. Thank you for your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous templates! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the freebies. Also, in answer to your question about using landscape 8.5 X 11 layouts -- I personally do that because they look better and fill in the space better when I make scrapbook DVDs to show friends and family on my TV (which is widescreen format). Thank you again for the wonderful templates!