Thursday, February 26, 2009

A "Bang" in the night! plus Template #170

Evening all!
The last 24 hours have been very frantic around here for me.

About 2 am I was just getting ready to shut things down for the night and head to bed. All of a sudden there was a "BANG" and the computer went dead! This bang was loud! it scared the living crap out of me! After quickly determining nothing was on fire I took the side of the computer case off to look around. Nothing visibly wrong but there was no power. I know it wasn't the surge protector because the TV and lamp are both plugged in to it and they didn't flicker or anything when it happened. After a bit I was getting to sleepy to investigate further and unplugged the whole computer to be on the safe side.
This morning I replaced the power supply, nothing! I then tried another different power supply to no avail. At this point I'm thinking electrical short. Power supply and now maybe even the motherboard since a brand new power supply didn't work. So I grabbed the kids computer(dinosaur old and slow). Pulled my hard drives out of mine and put them into the kids. Still nothing. Can't even salvage the hard drives. After a day of testing all the different parts it has been determined that I fried the entire computer. EVERYTHING IS FRIED! The only thing still good is the case.. Thankfully it did NOT fry my external hard drives that were on at the time or the monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I thought bad things came in 3's and we have had 4 this year alone! Our stove quit on Valentines weekend. The microwave gave out in Jan. the computer on Wednesday night and Thursday we got a call that one of our tenants is moving out. I think that's 4. Are we done yet or do we still have two more things to go?

On an up note to losing all of this stuff with the computer. Wednesday afternoon while Michele and I were chatting I did some computer house cleaning and filing. So most of the stuff I had ready for the next two weeks was put away on the external and was saved! Yippee! Template wise that is. I did lose the Adore gift, and a new kit I was going to release this Sunday. some QP's and a few things that Michele and I had been working on together. Hopefully she still has these things and I can get them from her. One way or another the Adore Gift will be given out on Sunday. Michele does have a copy of that!

The one true thing I lost was a grab bag I was almost finished with!
If you would scroll all the way to the bottom.
Take a look at that hit counter!!
go ahead we'll wait for ya....

100,000 Hits!! Yippie!!
Thank you to everyone who has stopped by!!
I will try and make up another grab bag for you all to celebrate the 100,000 hits but it may be a few days now. Sorry, I wanted to have it ready as a surprise but, well it's fried! I hope you understand. We will still celebrate but just a bit late.

I also wanted to thank the lady's who sent layouts in today. Because of the computer issues I have not been able to get them ready for the blog. I will share them Friday night instead.

There has also been some comments and suggestions that I would like to talk more about, but I will wait till Friday for those since this is getting pretty long as it is.

Lastly tonight before we get to the freebie I would like to thank everyone who has stopped by to download last nights project 365 template. When I created it I didn't think it was worthy of being posted but I said to my self you never know till you try so I released it. And I am over whelmed by the number of downloads and comments! I'd say it's a hit! Thank you! thank you! Would you like more in similar styles?

Now before this post drags out any longer lets get to the first of the freebies that almost wasn't!
Tonight's Freebie is Template #170
Click the preview to download
no hot linking please
Everyones comments, suggestions, and requests are always welcome. You can leave a comment here on the blog or if you prefer you can always email me (found in the about me). Just put "Blog" some where in the subject line so the spam filters let it come through!

Until next time...

10 comments:

Michele said...

YEA!!!! CONGRATS!!!
Thank you for the template!
I'll keep this short, once you check you inbox you'll see why...lol
Hope tomorrow goes better for you!
HUGS!
Michele

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 26 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 27 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

I just found your site tonight and I LOVE it. Thank you so much for all the work you have put into the templates - they are absolutely fantastic!

So sorry about your computer. Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago and I lost a bunch of photos. It was awful. Now I back everything up once a week or so. Computers are great but they can be incredibly frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Template

mmikes said...

Thanks so much for your templates. I always enjoy and appreciate your time and talent.

Sorry to hear about your computer woes.

Wow...100,000 hits..

mclaflin said...

Thanks for another wonderful template. You were so lucky to NOT have a fire! Computers should never be left on while unattended. I know at least two families who have lost homes because of power supplies catching on fire!

HollyinPA said...

Thank you for another great template!! I'm going to schedule some time to scrap when I get home tonight, so hopefully I can send you a layout or 2.

Sorry about the computer!! Mine keeps shutting down for no apparent reason, so I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't go!!!

Congrats on 10,000 hits!!! That's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Template(s), Overlay(s), Photo Mask(s) post on Feb. 27, 2009. Thanks again.

InHouse said...

Hi.. hope all will go ok soon!
thanks for all you share here!!
I enjoy all you share here!
a hug from Colombia
Soffy

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your computer. I hate it when mine just crashes but to loose so much. I feel badly for you. Thanks for the freebie though. You are awesome!