Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Template # 133

So much for my child free shopping they decided to tag along. We managed to get the rest of the grocery shopping done but as we were checking out the little one let loose with another temper tantrum. So no other shopping was done.
We put up the tree today while the pies were baking. Half the strings of lights would not light. When I thought about how old the lights were it's no wonder they didn't want to work. There over 10 years old! So after supper tonight the oldest and I ran to the store to get more lights. I was going to get all new ones but after seeing the price I will wait till they go on clearance for the season then buy all new ones. Tonight we only bought enough to finish the tree this year. But when the lights come off, the old ones are going in the trash!

I turned the three kids loose with all the ornaments. They had a lot of fun sorting through them and picking out the ones they have made. Every time they found one I made as a child they had to ask how old I was when I made it. Thankfully the teachers over the years had dated most of them! Almost all our ornaments are hand made with the exception of some silver bead garlands. I also make ornaments every year for the adult family members. This year its a clear glass ball ornament with a color transparency family picture in it. When the lights of the tree shine through the ornament the picture lights up like stained glass.

I also "had" a mouse in the house. But that's another story in and of itself so I'll save it for another day. I've run on as it is, so how about we get to the freebie?


Tonight's Freebie is Template # 133

Click the preview to download

no hot linking please


Have a Happy Turkey Day everyone!


Until next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, this is a very nice template.

Michele said...

Atleast you got the grocery shopping done. I've got our tree out of storage, but that's all the farther I've made it, all my ornaments and such are still packed away, so I need to get those out at some point. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! I'm hoping to get to bed early, as my mom and I are hitting the stores at the ungodly hour of 5am....
Thank you for the templates!!
Hugs
Michele

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how much I love your templets. I use the 8.5 X 11 all the time. They are so hard to find and yours are so easy to use.

cjpeterson38 said...

Thanks so much and I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.