Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Template #226 Freebie

Wow have we got a lot to catch up on today! As you know from my last post we had a nasty winter storm come blowing through for Christmas. The worst of it was on Christmas eve and Christmas morning. over the coarse of 4 days we got a total of 19" of the fluffy stuff. Some of it was not all that fluffy and light. I went out and shoveled after every couple of inches knowing it would take forever and be a real back killer to do it all at the end.
The Dig Out begins~
4 pm Christmas Day.

They came out with the loader and cleared a single path down our street for emergency vehicles only since the city was under a no travel ban.

Saturday we were able to get the truck dug out. The kids and I headed over to grandpa's to dig him out. His old snow blower was not able to throw the snow up high enough. I had to hand scoop the 4' tall by 4' wide ridge the plows had pushed up at the end of his drive way. That did my back in! I spent the rest of the day with a heating pad on my back.
*
Sunday we were finally able to get together and celebrate our Christmas.
*
I love this photo of my Grandpa (kids great grandpa).
I think it is the only one of him laughing and he does that very rarely these days.
He and I have been on a mission to find a 6.5" square frying pan for years to replace one that had finally worn out for him. After years of not being able to find one this year I did! I bought it wrapped it and then received a call from him saying that he had found one while out Christmas shopping! I decided to still give it to him. When he opened it that day he laughed till his sides hurt! Now he has two and hopefully they won't wear out so fast for him!



*
I know I promised you all that Preview of the Cozy Christmas Challenge Add On. But as you can see I am running a few days late on just about everything. I spent all of Monday with the heating pad on my back. The carpal tunnel also had to rear it's ugly little face while shoveling.
The aches and pains are beginning to fade, so hopefully I will get that preview up for you yet to day.
**
I also have a couple of layouts to share with you today.

Kaiwahine~
Template #7

Robin~
Template #218

Click the preview to download.
Take care everyone!
Don't forget to stop by Digifree for your Daily Freebie List!
Until next time...

4 comments:

NanaScraps said...

lol did you have fun putting together the play kitchen set...I got one for my grand baby.....was a pain in the butt...but she loved it...thanks for todays template..Happy New Year to you and yours

Jo Ann
aka leggs362636

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Anonymous said...

Very cool template! Thank you very much! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Dec. 30, 2009. Thanks again.