Monday, March 2, 2009

Template #171

Wow! What an evening! What an awesome job the kids have done working on the musical "The Wizard of Oz"!

We just got home from the Dress rehearsal that also doubled as parents night.

Things I learned from attending the musical:

Photo's and video are not allowed during any performance except parent night. I also did not know that the teachers that are working with the students have to pay for everything out of there own pockets! Everything from the props, stage scenery and feeding the kids on nights that they have rehearsal comes out of the instructors pockets. Another thing that pretty much floored me was that the teachers must pay for there own substitutes for when they are doing the matinee performances. The matinees are for the grade school children and each child pays a dollar to see the musical. Night performances are 6 dollars for adults and 3 dollars for students.
I think the Auditorium holds about 600 people if you include the balcony.

Pretty hard to recoup the cost of everything that went in to the performances. The demand for the show is so high that they had to turn away 1800 school kids because they just can't afford to take that much time out of the high school kids school days. 9 performances in 6 days is what the schedule already has on it. The school does a musical every four years. so our oldest will be a Senior next time they get to do one.

Some things that impressed me:

Cast for the show was 180 people. 35 members played in the "pit", that is were our oldest was!About 20 kids from one of our elementary schools played the Munchkins. We also had a real Toto! His name was Sampson and he is the most adorable little Yorkie Terrier!

I have never seen a ballerina dance and they had 4!

Never thought I'd see monkeys fly but they did it! They had a zip line going across the stage for them and they had monkeys repel down from the ceiling of the auditorium! The one came right down into the empty seat beside me! Boy did the little ones eyes get big then!

All in all it was an awesome show! The kids did a fantastic Job! My hat goes off to them!! Way to go!!!

Because of ours being in the pit an unseen I didn't take my camera. I really wish I had! The set was the best I have ever seen for a high school performance!

Alright sorry about all the blab. But hey we just got home and I came straight to the computer to get tonight's freebie up for you. And well, my excitement is still running over a bit! hehe.


I'm one proud momma right now!


Tonight's freebie
Template #171

Click the preview to download

no hot linking please.

I am still seeking advice on the "Layered" png files. What is it? Can you point me to where I can find one? I'd like to fulfill the request for them but I don't really know what they are. Can any of you help me? You can also see this post for more about what I need help with.

Alright I'm out of here before I go on any longer about the musical!

Anyone willing to grant my wish of seeing some layouts?

Have a great week!

Until next time...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 02 Mar [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 03 Mar [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Lois B said...

I think what they are looking for are the png files for each of the layers in a psd file. Some people cannot open a psd file and therefore need the individual png files. THere is no such thing as layered png file that I know of.

I am sure you are on a high after the musical. It is so wonderful that the kids get this opportunity to perform. The music from this one is great. Congrats to all the kids that performed.

Macshelly said...

Hi there!
What I do is take your PSD file, open it in PSPx2 and change it to a .pspimage file. Then it is a layered file and I'm able to use it.

Wow...that musical sounds like something else! I wish they'd do something like that here. They have plays and stuff, but nothing on that magnitude. I'm glad you had a great time!

Thanks again for the templates, I really like them!

MandaK said...

I left an award for you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful templates. I've already done a couple of pages using them and they turned out really nice. It's great that you're sharing your talents. Thanks again!

InHouse said...

Thanks for the great templates!!!
where can i show my layouts with your templates?
a hug!
Soffy

Michele said...

Yea! Glad all went well!
Thank you for the template!!
Hugs,
Michele

Anonymous said...

So lovely! Thank you!