Wednesday, September 12, 2007

week of worry

My grandfather who is 75 had major surgery yesterday. Since my fiance is sick with the flu I did not have anyone to watch the kids for me so I had to wait at home during the surgery but the doctors and nurses were calling me at home and treating me just like they would have, had I been sitting in the waiting room at the hospital all day. The surgeon even called when it was over to let me know how it went. I can't thank them enough for dueing that for me. The doctors say he can possibly go home on Sunday if all continues to go well.

So after the little one and I ran our errands this morning. we took a quick trip up to check in on him at the hospital. Nothing the doctors could of said could of prepared me. They are still trying to get his pain under control, so he was really out of it on the morphine. He could hardly open his eyes. We where there for just a few minutes just before noon. He did say that today has been the longest day ever. And it was only noon, I can only imagine what he is going through. I managed to keep it together in the room when I was talking to him but as soon as I left I fell apart.

Some of you may be wondering why I'm so upset, well you see, My grandfather raised me, he is my best friend, we talk 2-3 times a day on the phone, some times more. We see each other 3-5 times a week and if either of us needs any thing the other is always there to help.

No comments: